Tourism and Attractions:
1) General Tourism Information - www.oldcity.com This site is a great one stop webpage for general information about St. Augustine. We use it all the time ourselves!
2) Castillo de San Marcos - www.nps.gov/casa Here's where you can find out all you need to know about the famous Spanish castle in the old town. The castle is open everyday from 8:45 to 4:45 except Christmas.
3) Sightseeing Trains - www.redtrains.com These, the carriages, and the helicopters tours are some of the most popular in the area. We've been in the area so long that we don't usually do the sight-seeing thing. But I'll post reviews of their tours and their service if someone would like to give me some feedback!
4) Helicopter Tours - www.oldcityhelicopters.com Now these look great! Next time I'm in town I will definitely have to take one of these . . . purely in the interest of providing our renters with the very best information possible, of course.
5) Ghost Tours of St. Augustine - www.aghostlyexperience.com If the prospect of returning to work after a week at the beach didn't scare you enough, we have the answer! This tour is one of the highest rated in Florida. And they have a super-cool website to boot.
6) Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum - www.staugustine-ripleys.com Whether or not you loved the TV show (or think Jack Palance is just the coolest cat ever), you'll get a kick out of this museum. It's especially fun for the little ones!
7) Fort Matanzas National Monument - www.nps.gov/foma While not as famous as San Marcos, this makes for a great little day trip. Best of all, it's within walking distance (well, the boat dock to cross over to the Monument anyway) of many of our properties. Check out our map links at the bottom of each individual property page.